ASSISTANT AGENCY MANAGER
Turkish shipping agency located in the heart of Istanbul.
The candidate must have min 5 years of experience in the industry.
Our client is a shipping agency who works closely with customers around the globe. They are located in a very central location in Istanbul (Europe).
- Ensure the highest level of service delivery, first point of contact for all matters within the area of responsibility;
- Responsibility to ensure top quality ships agency service is rendered to all clients (external and internal);
- Responsibility to ensure all services are promptly ordered & confirmed;
- Represents on local ship owners committee &/or port authority meeting;
- Planning time to ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved at all times and tasks are not only met but exceeded wherever possible;
- Commercial focus and a genuine interest in the maritime industry;
- Perform DA/Final DA calculations and account;
- Organised and able to thrive in this kind of environments.
- Having degree from a Shipping (Maritime) related University;
- Good command of English both basis written / spoken;
- Able to travel;
- Candidates will have at least 5/ 10 years experience within dry operations as well as excellent IT and communication skills;
- Having multi task ability;
- Having experience of working within a busy and demanding post room;
- Be proactive, professional and have a flexible approach to work;
- Be a team leader, organised and productive;
- Having a very strong focus on accuracy and acute eye to detail;
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally as well as in a written format;
- Having excellent ability to use Microsoft office, ie Word, Excel;
- Flexibility regarding working hours and duties.
As one of the big players in the Transportation and Logistics sector this position is a valuable one right in the heart of Istanbul (Europe).