Updated on 12/07/2021
- Leading Global Insurance Company
- IFRS17 Implementation Manager / Assistant Manager
About Our Client
Our client holds leading market share positions across the world.
This role sits within the team of controllers who are responsible for a variety of reporting bases including IFRS and USGAAP. Reporting to CFO and Global Management, the IFRS17 Implementation Accountant Manager / Assistant Manager will be:
- Responsible primarily for the Finance implementation of IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts and also IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and USGAAP Long Duration Targeted Improvements (LDTI);
- Coordinate between the local team and US Project team, EMEA regional functional teams (Controllers, Actuarial, Investments);
- Ensure primary statements and disclosures are correctly reflected in the financial statements;
- Review journal requirements, ensure appropriate chart of accounts established and provide expense splits as required;
- Ensure required reconciliations between IFRS accounting rules system, ledger and disclosures and reconcile source input data required for modelling to the ledger;
- Test processes for any new ledgers required ;
- Identify and escalate risks and document key decisions and activities (accounting policies, methodology, system architecture).
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate should have an excellent academic track record; preferably have an Finance Master and/or CFA is plus. At least 7 years of finance experience (BIG 4 Audıt - Financial Services Industry Experience), Experienced qualified accountant, IFRS and USGAAP accounting standards knowledge, Experience of large scale projects or implementations, Strong analytical skills, Confident in liaising with stakeholders from different departments and geographical locations, Strong regulatory reporting/ financial reporting experience, Strong MS Office experience including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Strong project management skills. Good team player with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
EXPERIENCE IN BIG 4 AUDIT FIRMS - FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY is a MUST.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English is A MUST.
What's on Offer
Client offers a multinational environment, excellent salary and benefits package.